Friday, July 13, 2012

You can´t be my teacher

"Nominated as Best Educational Use of Video / Visual 2010 in the edublog awards.



If you don't know the internet you can't be my teacher, I need someone who knows what I know. Meet me on the web, at least half way. 


Teachers today need to be literate to relate to digital natives."
Text

Are you going to teach me in a school?

Are you going to make me sit in a desk all day?

Is this what you are going to use to teach me with?

Is this what you are going to use to teach me with? (echo)

Do you know how to use a computer?

Do you know how to use a computer? (echo)

Are you a teacher?

Are you my teacher?

Are you going to teach me using the internet?

Are you going to teach me how to be safe on the internet?

Do you know what goes on on the internet?

Are you sure you are my teacher?

Are you sure you are my teacher? (echo)

Are you going to learn how to use the technology?

I am a digital native.

Do computers scare you?

Are you afraid to use them?

Have you been on facebook?

Have you been on twitter?

Have you been surfing?

Do you even know what is on the internet?

Are you going to be my teacher?

Or just that textbook?

Because I want to know...

what the world has to offer

And if you are not on the internet...

and know nothing about computers.

you can't be my teacher!

I said you can't be my teacher.

Make room for somebody who knows how to use the internet.

Do you think I am going to be ready?

Do you think I am going to be ready?

Do you think you are preparing me for the
world that I have to live in?

Do you think I am going to be ready?

That's your job!

That's your job! (echo) 

No comments:

Post a Comment