The peacock has been a symbol since long time ago. It appeared in a lot of civilization, religion…
· Persian people think that two peacock around the tree of live represent the two parts of humans: good and bad, rationality and free spirit.
· Christian religion says that peacock is symbol of resurrection and immortality because every year peacock feather falls dawn and appeared more beautiful in spring. It is a synonym of Christ. It has some points in common with phoenix: immortality, the idea of "born of their self"…
· Traditionally Hinduism uses the peacock as mount of war God called Kārttikeya o Skanda. Besides, in south India and Sri Lanka, it is a local god. The peacock is national bird of India.
· Buddhism, the peacock tail feathers looks like “hundreds of eyes” which symbolize compassionate watchfulness.
· In Egyptian, Greek, and Roman mythology, the peacock feathers were considered much like the evil eye. They were all seeing. The god Hera, in Greek mythology, and god Juno, in Roman mythology, peacock is their bird.
· Islamic religion connects Iblís (the devil) with peacock.
· In the other hand, it symbolize proudly and vanity.
(Mosaico en el Mausoleo de Santa Constanza)
This is an example of the peacock in our diary live:
NBC is a radio and TV company. NBC is sometimes referred to as the "Peacock Network," due to its stylized peacock logo, created originally for color broadcasts. This company decided that its logo must represent the new age of colour television.
Iratxe E. and Lucia G.